Sensory evaluation is an invaluable tool to Quality Control as well as Research and Development. Customers perceive product quality with their senses, and as a result, organoleptic evaluations are an essential component of any Quality Control evaluations.
All of the technical, chemical and microbiological parameters of a product may well be within specification, but if the product fails to meet sensory expectations, or performs poorly against a competitor, product sales and brand image may well suffer. Organoleptic evaluations can also be used to develop sensory profiles when developing new products.
Food Consulting services has a panel of graduate food technologists to help with all your sensory needs.
Food Consulting Services can help you with your sensory needs in the following ways:
- Benchmark Evaluations – sensory comparisons to a benchmark or brand leader to evaluate differences and similarities.
- Problem Solving – problems with products can be pinpointed
- Product Development – sensory profiles of new products can be developed
- Shelf Life Testing – Sensory profiles are evaluated over a period of time to determine optimal shelf life usability and stability.
Sensory evaluations are performed in the following main organoleptic categories:
- Taste – the taste profile of the products are evaluated.
- Texture – The texture of the foods is evaluated
- Colour – Food colours are evaluated
- Olfactory – olfactory evaluations of foods.
Please contact us if you require more information sensory evaluation.