Strict hygiene and cleaning measures
As you prepare for opening a full deep clean and disinfection of the entire facility should take place. Your pest control and technical suppliers should be brought in resolve concerns that may have developed during your absence. This will include cleaning and disinfection of the hot and cold water system, which may have remained stagnant of this period. Attention should also be given to the cleaning of the air-conditioning system.
Once the initial deep cleaning has been performed, regular cleaning and disinfection of high contact areas must be implemented and performed hourly and before or after use.
Providing handwashing facilities and amenities is critical as is the provision of hand sanitisers throughout the facility, at entrances and at key high touch areas. Examples include:
- Elevator buttons, railings and handles
- Door handles and push plates
- Balustrades and railings
- Chairs, seats, tables
- Countertops, proximity railings, general use desks
- Multimedia desks, rostrums
- Multimedia equipment touch areas (wipe, do not use dripping wet cloths or spray chemicals directly)
- Trollies, common use movable equipment
- Common area toilets.
Special mention is made of public access toilets due to the common risks of these areas. Our recommendations for the steps to follow during COVID-19 Lockdown cleaning of these areas include:
Flush (stand back, turn head away, breath out to avoid aerosol)
- Clean with brush
- Apply chemical with sanitising properties and allow a 5 minute contact time
- Flush again
- Clean rim
* SEGREGATED (colour coded) cleaning equipment must be used for cleaning the contact and outside areas of the toilet.